We are committed in doing everything possible to give our Customers an enjoyable gaming experience, whilst recognising that gambling can cause problems for a minority of individuals.
We believe it is our responsibility to ensure that you enjoy your wagering experience on our site, while remaining fully aware of the social and financial harms associated with problem gambling.
Gambling should be treated as a fun pastime, and not as a means to generate income. Whilst the majority of the population can treat gambling as recreation and spend only what they can afford to risk, for some it can be more difficult. In order to maintain control of your gambling habits we remind you to always consider the following points:
- Gambling should be done in moderation and undertaken as a form of leisure not as a genuine way of making money.
- Avoid chasing losses - there will always be another day.
- Before gambling, set strict limits on how much time and money you are going to spend. If you feel you may get carried away, set your maximum deposit on your account before you play.
- Only gamble with money you can afford to lose - remember it's real money!
- Quit while you're ahead - if you want to take a break you can cool off.
- Don't spend more money on gambling with the hope to win back money that you've lost.
- Keep up other interests and hobbies - don't let gambling take over your life.
- Don't gamble to escape from stress or boredom.
Signs of a problem:
If you are concerned that gambling has had a negative impact on your life or someone else's then the following questions may help you find out.
Does gambling prevent you from attending work, school, or college?
- Do you gamble as a means to pass time?
- Do you gamble for long periods of time?
- Have anyone ever criticised you for your gambling?
- Have you lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you spend gambling?
- Have you lied, stolen or borrowed in order to maintain betting habits?
- Are you reluctant to spend "gambling money" on anything else?
- Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel that you have to try and win back the losses as soon as possible?
- If you run out of money when gambling, do you feel lost and in despair and feel the need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Does gambling make you depressed or even suicidal?
The more questions that you answer "yes" to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling.
"Have I got a gambling problem?"
Unfortunately the answer to this question is not so simple, because what might not constitute a problem for one person may be very damaging to another.
It may be more helpful to think about the impact gambling is having on your life: if the negatives are outweighing the positives - it's time to act.
In order to help you better assess the impacts gambling is having on your life, try out gamtest, a self-assessment tool.
It is illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to open an account or to gamble on CSGOLounge/Dota2Lounge. We take all matters in this regard very seriously.
We carry out age verification checks on all customers who use payment mechanisms which are available to under 18s and additionally perform random age verification checks on customers using other forms of funding mechanisms. If you suspect that someone under the age of 18 is gambling please contact us.
Please note than anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also be reported to the police.
Filtering solutions allow parents to regulate access to the internet, based on chosen criteria. Parents can use filters to prevent their children from accessing, amongst other things, gambling websites. If you share your computer with friends or family who are under the legal age to register or bet with our site, or have requested self-exclusion from gambling sites, please consider parental filtering solutions such as:
1. Net Nanny (www.netnanny.com): General blocking software that protects children from inappropriate web content. Also available on iOS and Android devices.
2. CYBERsitter (www.cybersitter.com): Filtering software allowing parents to choose their own sites to block.
3. GamBlock (www.gamblock.com): Specific blocking software for gambling websites. Also available for Android devices.
4. Betfilter (www.betfilter.com): Specific blocking software for gambling websites. Also available for Android devices.